Tuesday, November 3, 2009

X-Play Debut+ New Column/Girlfriend= Neglected Blog

Hey all, I feel I must apologize that over the last couple months JumpingMoustache.com has turned into more of a portfolio than a blog, and to be honest, I'm not entirely sure when that's going to change. Part of the reason for that is that I've started up a new column at TheGameReviews.com called Challenging Conventions, wherein every other week I focus on a particular convention a game sidesteps and analyze what it means for the industry as a whole. My maiden article is about the "hug button" in A Boy and His Blob. I'll still update my blog with exclusive content now and again, but I often find myself wanting to save my best ideas for my column.

The other big piece of news is that I got taken on as a freelance reviewer for X-Play on G4. My debut article, a review of Lucidity, just went up, so check that out as well.

Also, to get more personal for a second, I started dating a new girl. This has been wonderful and could help explain my lack of internet presence. Games are great and all, but real life can't be ignored and I've been very busy living it to its fullest as of late. My new girlfriend is also a gamer (the first I've dated, oddly enough), so she's actually helped inspire some of my latest ideas. Who knows if I would have written about the "hug button" had she and I not discussed it for a few minutes, taking turns with the controller, getting our Blob on. So worry not, I'll still be regularly writing about games (even if she has gotten me hooked on the World Series. And I thought I hated sports).

Anyway, that's where I've been and what I've been doing. If my blog has suffered, it's been to offshoot everything else in my life that's going swell.
blog comments powered by Disqus